How a Tech Company Generated £300k in 7 Months Using LeadWave's Thought Leadership Content
About The Client
The client is a tech company that specialises in data management for corporate organisations. The client was successful but hadn’t grown quickly enough to meet its goals. Due to the industry culture and the nature of their service, top-line revenue growth was stagnant. The client relied heavily on referrals, which made it difficult to consistently fill their pipeline.
“Our industry operates very much by word of mouth, so business growth is relatively unpredictable. To fuel our growth, we wanted to build our thought leadership to stay top of mind with our audience, engaging them, and starting new conversations.”
Goals & Challenges
The client had clear marketing goals:
- Goal 1: Generate brand awareness and position the CEO as a thought leader in organizational development.
- Goal 2: Create quality content to educate the target audience on key industry trends.
- Goal 3: Start conversations with high-value leads.
In building their thought leadership, the client faced the following challenges:
- They didn’t have time to write articles due to client work.
- They weren’t sure what would resonate with their target audience.
- They didn’t know how to promote their content, as their previous efforts had resulted in low engagement.
An overview of the strategy we implemented for this client:
- Researched their ideal client to understand their challenges and to determine what would motivate them to take action.
- Analyzed their website and current content to unveil content gaps and keyword opportunities.
- Identified key trends through extensive industry and competitor research. Combining this information with their client persona (step 1) allowed us to identify interesting topics and angles that would strike a chord with their audience.
- Created a content strategy and an editorial calendar. From here, we started to produce weekly articles and LinkedIn post based on our interviews with the company’s subject matter experts.
- Promoted the content through multiple platforms such as LinkedIn, Medium, and email to spark visibility and engagement. As the LinkedIn algorithm generates up to 5 times more reach for individual profiles than for company pages, we published the posts through the CEO’s LinkedIn profile instead of the company page.
- Started conversations with high-value leads that engaged with the content using LeadWave’s multi-step messaging approach. From here, we coached the client to convert these conversations into meetings.
- Built a follow-up content sequence for LinkedIn and email to stay top-of-mind and nurture the client’s new prospects.
Within just 7 months of working with LeadWave, the client achieved these results:
- Closed 3 new clients totaling over £300k in revenue.
- Generated an additional pipeline of over £250k in sales opportunities scheduled to close later in the year.
- 32 conversations with highly qualified leads.
- 14 thought leadership articles gaining over 200,000 views on LinkedIn.
- 600% increase in engagement (from 0.5% to 3.1%).
- 120% increase in monthly website traffic.
“Having a marketing system has been one of our primary goals but we never got around to developing one because client projects demanded our full attention. Thanks to LeadWave’s quality writing and systemized approach, we were able to establish our position as an industry thought leader and start new conversations with our target audience.’’